With COVID-19 changing how we manage the spread of viruses, many technologies are being developed to assist with keeping our environments safe. Air Shield's UV Gate is one of the wonderful technologies that is helping to disinfect the air we breath within our home or business environments. The Air Shield uses ultraviolet (UV-C) light to sterilize and clean the air you breathe. UV-C is a known disinfectant for air and surfaces, helping to mitigate the risk of acquiring an infection. UV-C technology been used in commercial environments to combat against viruses and other harmful bacteria for more than 40 years. The EPA has heavily documented the effectiveness of UV-C technologies, you can view a 2007 study.
Air Shield is mounted right above your standard A/C filter and uses UV-C light to destroy viruses, disinfect and sterilize contaminated environments. UV-C Air Shield employs the longer (253.7 nanometers) wavelength of UV-C light ensuring effective air and surface disinfection without producing any harmful ozone. Using high-tech LEDs, the UV-C that Air Shield emits deactivates and destroys 99.99% of viruses, germs, molds, bacteria, and larvae that commonly recirculate through the air system s they pass through the UV Gate. This provides effective protection from viruses, common allergens, and the spread of disease.
- One Kit covers 30,000 cubic feet (965 square feet), sanitizing the air in your home or business. (If you have a larger space or multiple zones, multiple UV Gates can be installed.)
- Kills 99.9% of Viruses and Bacteria
- Real-time Monitoring through Air Shield Phone App: This app enables real-time monitoring, long-distance remote control, timer settings and more
- Built-in Safety Features; Equipped with Automatic Shutoff; Auto Power Off Time: 60 Minutes
- Particle Matter Monitoring 2.5 PM
- No Secondary Pollution
- No Noise
- No Ozone
- UV-Gate Kit: (2) UV-C Light Bars
- PM 2.5 Air Quality Sensor
- Installation from an Air Shield approved tech
PM 2.5 Air Quality Sensor
Do you want to know how PM 2.5 affects human health? PM 2.5 poses great health risk. PM 2.5 (particles less than 2.5 micrometers in diameter) can penetrate deeply into the lung, irritate and corrode the alveolar wall, and consequently impair lung function.
- Must have HVAC system
- Must have MERV 13 filter (not included). The filter must be properly installed with an air-tight seal so all particles passing through the reclaim vent get filtered through the MERV 13 filter.
- Installation by a professional HVAC tech (Professional installation is provided by an Air Shield approved tech and included with purchase price)
Three-Year Full Warranty: Full coverage is guaranteed on Air Shield's equipment for three years.Working lifetime: 5,000 hours