About The IBM Lexmark Wheelwriter 2
The versatile IBM Personal Wheelwriter 2 incorporates many of the features of the larger IBM Wheelwriter Typewriters but in a more compact size, and is ideal for the classroom, business, home or for connecting to your IBM or IBM-compatible PC as a letter-quality printer.
This award-winning machine was named the “Most Outstanding Compact Typewriter” by Buyers Laboratory, an independent office products testing organization.” They rated it as having “outstanding overall performance,” and being “one of the most economical compact electronic typewriters.” In a 560-hour durability test, “it performed perfectly.” Add to that its ease of use, patented “classic touch” and excellent print quality, and the American-made IBM Personal Wheelwriter 2 emerges as the most solid performer of its type make anywhere.
The IBM Lexmark Wheelwriter series has been a solid powerhouse machine providing the best in features and reliability for decades of service.
All of our reconditioned typewriters come from Typewriters.com and go through an extensive 21-step reconditioning process by the service technicians before they are shipped to our customers. Each typewriters comes with a 3-month warranty. Typewriters.com has over 50 years of being in the typewriter business, so you can feel confident that you are getting the very best reconditioned products, customer service and tech support available.
IBM Lexmark Wheelwriter 2 Features:
- 14.75" carriage width (375mm)
- 11.0” (279mm), visible print line
- Keyboard 96-character, alternate language
- Rated print speed – 16 characters per second (bidirectional when used with printer option)
- Power supply – 120 VAC; 60Hz
- Spell check prompts for spelling errors – supplies an interactive 50,000-word dictionary for locating spelling errors. It also leaves room for you to create your own unique 300-word dictionary to meet special needs.
- 10, 12, 15 characters per inch & proportional spacing pitch
- Auto center
- Full line/full page automatic correction
- Auto carrier return/word wrap – auto carrier return allows you to type at top speed without pausing to decide on line breaks
- Back-up battery
- Cartridge print wheel/auto pitch select
- Continuous underscore
- Correction buffer – 1.5K – allows you to lift off or erase any of the last 1,500 bytes you’ve typed
- Line find and relocate
- Express cursor keys – provide for fast, flexible movement to any point on a page
- Relocate keys – automatically puts you back in position to continue typing after you make a correction
- Alternate language keyboard – allows you to type in many languages, such as French and Spanish, as well as special applications such as ASCII (PC) and Latin Supplemental ISO, with the appropriate IBM Cartridge Printwheel 2
- Decimal tabulation
- Stop codes
- Temporary margins
- Right flush
- Word tab – lets you automatically jump left or right from word to word
- Word erase – permits you to erase entire words at a time
- Impression control
- Uses cassette ribbon and correction tape
IBM Lexmark Wheelwriter 2 Specifications:
- Power Supply: Auto-Sensing 100-240 VAC, 50-60 Hz with battery backup
- Line Cord 2-wire
- Dimensions: 5.63" H x 19.13" W x 17.09" D (143mm x 486mm x 434mm)
- Weight: 24 lbs (10.9kg)
- Warranty: 3-Months (Same as the original factory warranty)