- SHELTER FROM THE ELEMENTS: Protection against different kinds of weather is key for bird survival. The 1.5 inch entrance hole is a welcoming sight for many birds. The design gives ample space for them to rest safe and sound from the dog days of summer, the freezing cold of winter, and everything in between.
- BENEFITS YOUR YARD: Birds love eating insects and weeds! Introducing a birdhouse near your home may help you protect your yard from pesky pests.
- MADE FROM CEDAR WOOD: Our Wakefield Premium Birdhouses are made from cedar, an especially strong, weather-resistant wood. Cedar possesses many advantages that make it perfect for outdoor use.
- EASY MAINTENANCE: The bottom floor/perch of the birdhouse is a separate piece that slides out for easy seasonal cleaning. Its small, strong frame minimizes cleaning time as well.
- PAIR WITH WAKEFIELD PEANUTS: Want to attract birds to your birdhouse? Try pairing this product with our Wakefield Virginia Peanuts! Shelled peanuts are a high-energy food that are a great source of protein and fatty acids for our flying friends.
Wakefield premium birdhouses are hand-crafted in the USA and made from cedar. Cedar is an ideal material for birdhouses because it is weather-resistant and durable, allowing for outside use all year long. The Wakefield Small Bird House provides protection from the cold for most common backyard birds including wrens, chickadees, nuthatches, and titmice. Its protective design prevents wet weather from seeping into the encasement. The house is made from light-colored cedar, providing insulation to keep baby birds cool in the summertime and reducing the risks of overheating in the nest. The bottom floor/perch slides out for easy cleaning after the birds have moved out for the season. For the good health of new birds that take residence, seasonal cleaning is recommended. This helps keeps any mother bird and her young healthy each season. This small birdhouse is enclosed on all sides for great protection against predators, heavy rain, and harsh snow. The front hole is 1.5 inches wide and features a perch for small birds to comfortably stand and clean their beaks. With pre-drilled holes on the bottom of the birdhouse, simply nail or screw it onto a tree or wooden structure. Make sure that the birdhouse itself is sitting above the nailed or screwed-in piece.