- BLANCHED, JUMBO, & HIGH QUALITY: unsalted, raw, shelled, blanched peanuts from the most current peanut crop available. All peanuts are USDA inspected.
- GREAT for garnishing salads or soups. Mix with other nuts and dried fruit for a healthy homemade trail mix. Make your own peanut butter to avoid the salt and preservatives found in many commercial brands. Sauté finely chopped peanuts with mixed vegetables for a richer flavor. Delicious when roasted and salted.
- WHO WE ARE: For over 40 years, our family-owned business in Wakefield, Virginia, has produced some of the finest peanut products available. We hire only the finest American workers and are known around the Peanut industry for our ethical practices and excellent working conditions.
- CONSUMPTION: Do not consume raw peanuts. Always roast or bake before consuming (instructions below). To maintain the best eating quality, store peanuts in a cool, dry place. For short term storage (a few days) keep at or below 60 F; for extended storage keep at 40 F or below (Peanuts keep fresh indefinitely stored in a tightly closed container in the freezer).
- CHECK THIS OUT: It's our special gourmet peanut butter recipe! Easy to prepare and tastes delicious, we challenge you to make a better peanut butter! Ingredients, supplies, and instructions are listed below in the product description. If you think your peanut butter recipe is better, please share by leaving a product review!
Wakefield's natural, blanched, jumbo runner peanuts have no skin and are perfect for baking or cooking all sorts of delectable treats such as homemade peanut butter, candied peanuts, peanut cookies, roasted peanuts, boiled peanuts, peanut hummus, trail mix, granola, corn-peanut fritters, topping for salads, chicken and vegetables, peanut milk and more!
Wakefield peanuts are known for being extremely rich in nutrients. They are very high in monounsaturated fat - which is recommended for heart-healthy diets. They are also an excellent source of fiber, folate, manganese, magnesium, niacin, phosphorus, resveratrol, and vitamin E.
We always recommend roasting or boiling the peanuts before consumption.
Instructions: Place raw peanuts, in shell OR shelled, one layer deep in a shallow baking pan. Roast at 350 degrees F. - 15 to 20 minutes for shelled and 20 to 25 minutes for in-shell peanuts (remove from heat just short of doneness desired as peanuts continue to cook as they cool).
(700-watt oven)* Ingredients: 1 cup raw shelled peanuts, 1/2 teaspoon salt, cold water | Instructions: Pour peanuts into colander or wire basket and wet thoroughly. Sprinkle with salt. Pour into a small microwave-safe casserole or pie plate. For a light roast, microwave on HIGH for 2-1/2 minutes; stir, microwave 2-1/2 minutes longer. For a darker roast, stir and microwave 1 minute longer, in 30-second increments. Peanuts will be crisp when cool. *Note: Cooking time varies, depending on the oven wattage; adjust cooking time and/or wattage output as necessary for the oven in use; remember, peanuts continue to cook as they cool.